6 Jul 2015

Southampton reject Manchester United's £20m bid for Morgan Schneiderlin

Southampton boss Ronald Koeman has revealed that the only formal bid for Morgan Schneiderlin has come from Manchester United.

United are thought to have tabled an offer of £20million for the France international, last month, but Koeman said the Saints had dismissed it as not 'serious'.

Schneiderlin was ill on Monday and missing from training but is expected to join the squad when they leave for a pre-season training camp in Austria on Tuesday.
'He will travel with the rest of the squad,' said Koeman. 'He was not feeling well, had contact with the doctor and stayed at home.

'We had, two weeks ago, a bid from Manchester United. It wasn't enough. It wasn't serious. And no more bids up to today.'
Schneiderlin wanted to join the exodus from St Mary's Stadium last summer when Arsenal and Tottenham were interested.

But Southampton refused to sell and he stayed to help them finish seventh in the Barclays Premier League and to qualify for the Europa League.

There is thought to be an agreement that Saints will not stop him from joining a Champions League club this year if the price is right.
'Everybody knows Morgan's situation,' said Koeman. 'I understand that, if he can get a good move to a big club, I understand it.

'But I hope if there is any business that it's soon, because that's best for the player and for us. We have to prepare for what we'd have to do if we sell the player.

'I had a lot of meetings with Morgan. I had another one last week. Everybody knows his situation. But it's important for the player to do a good pre-season. We will see what happens in the next few days.

'I don't talk about money, about numbers. It's not my business. It's up to the club.'
Credit: SportsMail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sociable, share your opinion!
Post a Comment :)

Infolinks