23 Jul 2015

Busquets hints Pedro may leave Barcelona for Manchester United

Sergio Busquets has hinted that Pedro, a target for Manchester United, could leave Barcelona for more game-time.

The forward is wanted by Louis van Gaal to bolster his attacking options and Pedro is considering a move to Old Trafford. The 27-year-old has a £22m release clause and Busquets, speaking before Saturday’s tour match with Manchester United in Santa Clara, said: “Yes, I have spoken to him but I won’t tell you what he said. It was a private conversation.
“I would want him to stay, I would love him to stay. He is a friend of mine and it will be his final decision. He wants to play more and get more minutes. That’s what he wants.

“But we are in a team of great players and it’s hard for him. Finally it will be his decision but I hope he stays.”
If Pedro were signed by Van Gaal he could operate alongside Wayne Rooney and Memphis Depay in the front line of the manager’s planned 4-3-3 shape next season.

Busquets featured in the 2009 and 2011 Champions League finals, both of which Barcelona won against United. Asked if Van Gaal’s side could be a threat in next season’s competition, the midfielder said: “They are a big club. Last year and maybe still this year they have been a team under construction. They have new players and a relatively new coach. They will need time but they are still competitive. We will see what happens in the future.”

Busquets admitted being concerned about being drawn against United if they negotiate the final knockout phase in August.
“They can win the Champions [League]. So I am relatively worried [about facing them]. I have always seen Old Trafford on the TV and I would love to play there.”
Credit: Guardian Sport

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sociable, share your opinion!
Post a Comment :)

Infolinks