26 Jan 2015

Soldiers repel Boko Haram attack on Maiduguri

The attack by members of the Boko Haram on Maiduguri has been foiled by soldiers.

However, the neighbouring town of Monguno have been taken over by the insurgents who are also said to have taken over the military barracks there.

As if attacking from various fronts, soldiers were also battling the rampaging insurgents in Konduga, a town 35km from Maiduguri.

The military is expected to release details of the attacks after the battles are completed.

Sources said scores of people including soldiers and insurgents have been killed on the outskirts of Maiduguri since the current battles started late Saturday night.

Confirming the fall of Monguno to the insurgents, the source said “we have decimated the idiots (from Maiduguri) but Monguno has fallen”.

He said the military casualty from the Maiduguri and Monguno battles had been recorded, but would not provide details.

Credit: Ola' Audu/PremiumTimes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sociable, share your opinion!
Post a Comment :)

Infolinks